Northwest Mushroom Adventures
Terra Fleurs Presents Northwest Mushroom Adventures, which is a unique opportunity to experience the fun of mushroom hunting under the supervision of knowledgeable and friendly guides. There are 2 seasons (Spring & Fall) and you'll need to reserve your foray in advance. Please email us or call us any time to make arrangement for your own mushroom adventure.
What to Expect
- Excursions begin at 9:00 am at the studio located at 550 12th ave Seattle, WA 98122 between Cherry and Jefferson.
- Forays last between 6 to 8 hours.
- Foray sites are located within a two hour drive from Seattle.
- For groups of four or more you must provide your own transportation.
- You keep all the mushrooms you find and I sort, identify and certify all edible mushrooms.
- Mushroom seasons are variable so we go where and when the mushrooms are. Typical spring seasons extend from May through June and the fall seasons from August through December or until the first hard frost.
What to Bring
- Waiver Form (print here)
- Hiking Boots
- Rain gear as necessary
Important Conditions and Cost
Northwest Mushroom Adventures are for individuals or for groups. Participants must be in good condition as terrain is often steep and rugged and often off trail. We go rain or shine and only cancel forays in extreme weather conditions such as high winds, lightning or snow. A typical foray will cover between 4 and 6 miles of hiking. You must be 16 years of age or older, for families with children younger than 16 yeas of age we have special forays available. Please print and sign the release form before leaving and bring it with you on the trip. The price for the mushroom adventure depends on the number of individuals. Please refer to the cart below. Payments by cash, check or credit card are all accepted. There is a 50% deposit at the time of booking. The deposit is non refundable if booking isn't cancelled 6 days prior to foray date.
|Foray Rates (per person) - 50% deposit required upon booking
|# of Foragers
||5 or more
*For special family forays children under 6 free with at least 3 paying clients.
Mushrooms Typically Found
Here are just a handful of the mushrooms you may find while on a Northwest Mushroom Adventure. We can't make any promises as to what variety's we may come across, but we do our best to find a diverse collection of NW mushrooms.